This zucchini pasta recipe is also a very healthy dish. Vegan and low calories. How about using zucchini to make pasta? That’s right! Instead of a bunch of carbs you can have a delicious dish with a low carb vegetable. Easy and Quick to make. Also gluten-free!
- 4 medium zucchini
- kosher salt
- one clove of garlic
- Using the julienne blade of a mandoline or a spiral vegetable slicer, slice zucchini lengthwise into long, thin strands. Slice the zucchini just until you reach the seeds in the middle and then stop (the seeds will cause the noodles to fall apart). NOTE: If you don’t have a mandoline or a spiral slicer, you can either use a vegetable peeler or a knife.
- Separate the zucchini strands. Transfer zucchini strands to a colander set over a mixing bowl. Toss the zucchini strands with salt; let stand 15 minutes at room temperature.
- After 15 minutes, gently squeeze the zucchini strands to extract any excess water.
- Heat a skillet with the olive oil, then gently fry the zucchini with the garlic until slightly tender.
- Like with any other pasta add your favorite herbs and sauce and there! You are done.
If you liked this one you will also enjoy Spaghetti Squash that is even easier!
This recipe is great for blood type O people since wheat (normal pasta) is not so good for them.