Vegetarian Quesadillas is an easy snack you can have at any time.
This Mexican dish is a Southwest staple food and I believe to many also a comfort food. I especially make it as one of those late night snacks after a night of fun! Making quesadillas is something I enjoy doing because for me it is a social thing. Me and my sisters would make quesadillas for each other when we got home late at night after a fun night of partying and just wanted to have something quick to eat before bed. It is a food we always shared. We also would get creative and start adding whatever looked good like fried onions, olives, sour cream, guacamole, salsa… I don’t think there is a wrong way to make quesadillas. Another thing I love about it is the freedom to just eat with my hands. No need to be fancy when you eating quesadillas at 3am.
This recipe goes with out Vegetarian Challenge from the “The Golden Temple Vegetarian Cookbook by Yogi Bhajan” and as you might expect it is from The Golden Temple Conscious Cookery from Phoenix, Arizona.
- Oil (coconut is the one I use or butter)
- Tortillas (flour or corn which ever you prefer or is best for you)
- Grated Cheese (again you can pick your favorite, spicy jack, mozzarella…)
- Chopped green chilies (optional)
- Heat oil in a frying pan. When hot, fry a tortilla; after a few seconds, put a few tablespoons grated cheese and chopped green chilies in the center.
- Fold tortilla over and press down edges with a fork.
- Fry on both sides until cheese melts. Serve immediately.