Vegetable Stroganoff recipe from The Golden Temple Vegetarian Cookbook by Yogi Bhajan. This stroganoff recipe is very different from the traditional stroganoff I make in Brazil. It is a bit lighter and healthier. For stroganoff I usually use heavy cream. This recipe uses cream cheese and sour cream. It is still tasty and give you the comfort feeling that stroganoff usually does.
- 3 medium white onions, sliced
- 1 pound mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 7 cloves garlic, pressed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese
- 2 pints sour cream
- Sea Salt to taste
- Chopped parsley
- Sauté onions, mushrooms and garlic together in butter.
- Steam broccoli and cauliflower.
- Transfer onions, mushrooms, garlic and steamed vegetables to a large pot.
- In a small pan, soften cream cheese and blend with sour cream over small flame.
- When smooth, add this mixture to the vegetables, stirring lightly. Add salt to taste.
- Heat over a low flame until entire mixture is hot enough to serve. Top with a little parsley ( I used dried parsley).