Vegetable Quiche Recipe that is French and totally vegetarian (not vegan). Quiches are delicious and easy to make. Quiche can be served hot or cold. It has become a popular party food, so perfect
- 1 cup cauliflower, cut in flowerets
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 3/4 cup sliced zucchini
- 3/4 cup water-packet artichoke hearts
- 12 ounces sour cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated monterrey jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons ghee
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- pinch of turmeric
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons water
- Blend together flour, cheese, and butter. Texture will resemble wet sand. Add water a little at a time. Pat mixture on bottom and along sides of a 9-inch quiche pan.
- Bake at 400° F/ 205°C for 8 minutes.
- In frying skillet heat ghee. Add cauliflower and carrots, and stir until they evenly coated. Cover and cook for 10 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add zucchini and cook 5 more minutes.
- In large bowl combine sour cream, cornstarch, salt, pepper, and turmeric. Add Parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup monterrey jack cheese.
- Fold in vegetables and artichoke hearts. Pour into quiche pan and top with remaining monterrey jack cheese.
- Bake at 400° F/ 205°C for 40 minutes or until the edges of the quiche are dark and the center is slightly golden.
- Allow quiche to set about 30 minutes before cutting and serving.
From "The Higher Taste - a Guide to Gourmet Vegetarian Cooking and a Karma-Free Diet"