Vegan Raw Tacos are great for Taco Tuesday! A very healthy taco you can enjoy without guilt. To make nut “meat” requires a little bit of prep work, but once all the ingredients are ready you get to assemble you taco just like regular tacos and have fun and be creative!
Walnut Taco Meat Ingredients:
- 1 cup walnuts, soaked for at least 2 hours
- 3/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- juice from 1/2 a lime
Cashew Sour Cream:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked for at least 2 hours
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4-1/2 tsp salt
- Lettuce Leaves (I used romaine)
- any other toppings of choice (cilantro, red onion, etc)
- Start by making the walnut taco meat by blending all ingredients together until the walnuts are the texture of mince meat, or roughly ground. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides occasionally. Set aside.
- Next, make the cashew sour cream by blending all the ingredients for 3-4 minutes until completely smooth and creamy in consistency. Set aside.
- Chop up any other toppings you’ll be using (avocado, tomato, cilantro, etc),
- Now comes the fun part: assembling! Lay out your lettuce leaves and place the walnut taco meat on top, and then layer the remaining ingredients. Spoon the sour cream on top of everything. Add hot sauce if you like!