Vegan lunch that you can also eat for dinner. This lunch has garbanzo beans, also known as chickpeas. When you don’t eat animal protein is very important to eat legumes aka beans and rice to get you essential amino acids. The building blocks of protein. So as you can expect we also have rice and another interesting side dish that adds vitamins and utilizes banana peels so that there is less waste and more sustainability.
I cooked one cup of basmati rice really simple. Two cups of water and sea salt. I have an electric stove so as soon as the water starts to boil I turn the heat off and let it sit. The water evaporates and it’s done!
- 1 cup of cooked garbanzo beans that I had previously soaked overnight and cooked with just water until soft.
- 4 Tablespoons of biomass
- 4 Tablespoons of water
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- pink himalayan salt to taste
- green onions and Italian parsley
Cook everything together until some of the water evaporates and you have a think saucy dish.
- 3 banana peels, chopped
- pink salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- green onions
- olive oil – enough to cover the chopped banana peel in the pan
Put everything in a pan and cook it.
I know sounds kind of weird and I was skeptical myself but it really did taste good. It tasted like eggplant caponata actually! My favorite was the garbanzo beans, everything tasted great together.