Vegan Dinner with zucchini spaghetti and yucca mash. This is also gluten-free.
Yucca, Cassava, Manioc… this root is called by many names. I found mine at Sprouts Farmers Market and even the checkout girl didn’t know what to do with it. Well like many other tubers it is pretty bland, like potatoes, you can do so much with it. You can boil it and eat with butter. Frie it like french fries, mash it, puree it …. This is the most exotic part of this recipe if you find it too complicated you may substitute for regular mashed potatoes.
Ingredients ( I buy everything organic):
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 cup of cooked until very soft yucca
- 2 Tablespoons of biomass
- Himalayan pink salt
- Nutritional yeast (optional)
- Green onions
- Soak Yucca for 4 hours and then boil it until soft. Remove and peel it. Put 1 cup of the cooked yucca into blender along with the biomass, salt, nutritional yeast and green onions to taste. Blend.
- Cut the zucchini into spaghetti. I got to use the spiral slicer my sister got me as a housewarming gift. It was fun and easy.
- Sautée the zucchini spaghetti with some olive oil 2 minutes.
- Put the mashed yucca on bottom of plate, top it with the zucchini and use your favorite tomato sauce.
Enjoy the vegan dinner.