Vegan chocolate tart recipe that I found from a Yogi. I had made a vegan chocolate mousse recently and it did not turn out the way I wanted. I tasted too much of the avocado and not enough of the chocolate. No matter how much maple syrup I added I also did not seem to get it sweet enough. Then I found out I bought the wrong ingredient hahaha I got cocoa powder instead of cacao. So when I found this recipe I wanted to try it and see if this time I could really make something vegan chocolate and delicious. This vegan chocolate tart is very rich and silky. You can get your sweet craving satisfied with a small piece.
- 1 pound vegan chocolate chips (Whole Foods Brand works best)
- 1 Cup nondairy milk (Almond or coconut)
- Raw berries or other fruit for topping
- 1 Cup Walnuts
- 1 Cup Pecans
- ½ Cup Earth Balance
- ½ Cup raw coconut sugar.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place the nuts in the food processor until crushed. Then add in Earth Balance and sugar and process until you get a sticky delicious mixture.
- Remove from blender and press into 9 Inch Spring-form pan.
- Bake at 375 for 12 minutes or until fragrant. Set aside to cool.
- Melt chocolate over medium heat in double boiler, stirring constantly. Once the chocolate is all melted then add the non-dairy milk and stir until completely mixed.
- Next pour the mixture into the filling into the cooled crust. Set aside to cool 2- 24 hours. For best consistency allow to chill overnight in the fridge.
- Next day remove the spring form, add berries and any other toppings and enjoy!