Vegan Banana Pancake for Breakfast
I am back! I admit I have been absent from posting full recipes here but now I am starting a new phase. As some of you might know I am pregnant. One of my challenges with this pregnancy has been getting enough protein since I am not a big meat eater. You need more protein than usual when pregnant – about 90g per day. The protein also helps to balance and make your blood sugar more stable. Another thing I have to be mindful of since my family health history includes hipoglycemia and Type II diabetes. I am known for getting Hangry which is one of the symptoms that my blood sugar has dropped dangerously low. So this week I am going to focus on some healthy yet full of protein vegan recipes. What I like about vegan recipes is how creative they are! Hope you enjoy.
We are starting with breakfast the #greenJuice recipes I have posted previously here are a great beverage to start the day off. Along with these pancakes you have a healthy source of energy to go about your day happy.
Vegan Banana Pancake ingredients:
- 2 organic bananas
- 2 Tablespoons of flax seed meal (grounded golden flax seed)- protein
- 2 teaspoons of chia seeds – protein
- 2 Tablespoons of rice flour
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- Mash one banana with a fork, add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Divide into 2 portions.
- Cook the mixture on a non-stick pan (I use ceramic), turn it.
- Cut the other banana into thin rounds.
- In small sauce pan add banana a tiny bit of water to create a syrup like substance. Takes about a minute. If you wish you may add a little maple syrup, coconut sugar or other healthy sweetener of your liking. My banana was sweet enough on its own.
- Top the pancake with the banana syrup and enjoy!