Tricolor quinoa salad is a good source of protein and tasty.
Quinoa contains all 8 essential amino acids we need to build protein in our body. If you work out and want to build muscle than this salad is for you. Sprouting the quinoa makes it even more amazing because it increases the vitality of the seed and vitamins, enzymes…therefore provides you with even more energy. The kalamata olives, feta cheese and nuts adds texture and taste. The currants or raisins add a little sweetness to it. Using the lime-mint dressing adds a tart kick to it. Treat you taste buds with this Tricolor quinoa salad! If you are vegan just skip the Feta cheese.
- 1 cup sprouted tricolor quinoa
- 1 pint grape tomatoes (about 16)
- 2 Tablespoons currants or raisins
- 2 Tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 3 cups of romaine lettuce or other leafy green of your choice
Sprout quinoa 2 days ahead.
- Halve grape tomatoes.
- Remove pits from olives, if necessary, and cut in half.
- Combine tomatoes, olives, sunflower seeds, currants and feta to quinoa.
- Toss it with dressing of your choice (goes great with our lime mint) and sea salt to taste.
- Serve it on bed of lettuce
- Enjoy this colorful tricolor quinoa salad.