Tofu-Olive sandwich is an open face hot sandwich that to me tasted like pizza and it was a welcome difference to my regular sandwiches. Like with any sandwich there are no precise measurements. Use as little or as much of each ingredient. Make it to your own taste. Add in a little something or leave out something you don’t like. I ate this for lunch but it would also make a great snack. Tofu-olive sandwich is fast and easy to make.
- Tofu, mashed (I used organic firm tofu)
- Tamari soy sauce (you can use coconut aminos also)
- Garlic, minced
- Onions, diced
- Ripe olives, diced (I used kalamata olives)
- Whole wheat bread, toasted (I used Ezequiel sprouted bread)
- Tomato, sliced (I used roma because it was what I had but a big slice of a regular tomato would have been good)
- Combine tofu, soy sauce, garlic, onions and olives.
- Spread thickly on toasted whole wheat bread.
- Put tomato slice on top and broil for 3 minutes.
Recipe from "The Golden Temple Vegetarian Cookbook by Yogi Bhajan"