Here is a great summer salad recipe! It has produce that are in season many nutrients and you can have it as part of your detox.
This summer salad features spicy arugula, sweet red grapes, and another clean eating staple, sunflower seeds. Seeds and nuts are a common ingredient in “clean” cooking because they fill you up, provide hard-to-get nutrients like magnesium, zinc, selenium, and vitamin E, and are chock full of good fats.
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon stone-ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons grape seed oil (grape seed oil is a good oil for salads not for cooking, you may also use Extra Virgin Olive oil)
- 7 cups loosely packed baby arugula
- 2 cups red grapes, halved
- 2 tablespoons toasted sunflower seed kernels
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- Combine vinegar, honey, syrup, and mustard in a small bowl. Gradually add oil, stirring with a whisk.
- Combine arugula, grapes, seeds, and thyme in a large bowl. Drizzle vinegar mixture over arugula. Toss to coat.