Stuffed tomatoes make a beautiful appetizer for dinner. I love all kinds of stuffed vegetables! Bell peppers and eggplants are great too. You actually get the most nutrition of the tomato when it is cooked because the lycopene is more readily available. Lycopene has been linked in preventing cancer, especially prostate cancer. Tomatoes are a must for a healthy men’s diet. Tomato is a fruit and is also a source of vitamins A and C. Tomatoes are a big part of the famously healthy Mediterranean diet. So dig in on this Stuffed Tomatoes! If you can, chose organic tomatoes since tomatoes have been notorious for having high content of pesticides.
- 4 large stuffing tomatoes
- 2 cups peeled and chopped potatoes (1/4-inch cubes)
- 2 tablespoons ghee (may substitute for coconut oil)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- In skillet heat ghee, black mustard seeds and black pepper. Add potatoes, cover, and fry on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add sesame seeds and fry for 1 minute until the seeds are a little golden.
- Add sour cream, yogurt, mustard, and salt. Set aside.
- Slice tops off the tomatoes and scoop out the insides. Fill tomatoes with stuffing and cool.
- Garnish with parsley and paprika. Serve cold.
From "The Higher Taste - a Guide to Gourmet Vegetarian Cooking and a Karma-Free Diet"