Spice thing up with this chicken salad recipe! Great for an appetizer or snack.
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts portions about 4.5 oz/125 g each.
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 1 fresh red chile, seeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1/2 tsp of ground cumin
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 3.5 cups diced potatoes
- 1 3/4 oz/50 g green beans, halved
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- pinch of chili powder
- 1 tbsp garlic wine vinegar
- pinch of superfine sugar
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1. Cut the chicken into thin strips. Melt the butter in a heavy pan and add the chicken strips, fresh red chile, honey and cumin. Cook for 1o minutes, turning until cooked through.
2. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and let cool, then stir in the chopped cilantro.
3. Meanwhile, cook the diced potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 10 minutes, until they are tender. Drain and let cool.
4. Blanch the green beans in a pan of boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain well and leave to cool. Combine the green beans and potatoes in a mixing bowl.
5. Add the bell pepper strips and tomatoes to the potato mixture. Stir in the chicken mixture.
6. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients together and pour the dressing over the salad, tossing well. Transfer the spicy chicken salad to a serving bowl or large platter and serve immediately.
From Home Cooking "Quick and Healthy"