This spanish rice recipe makes a great side dish. Especially if you are eating some Mexican food or seafood. Make rice interesting, colorful, flavorful and not boring.
- 3 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- Dash of oregano
- Dill seed
- Dash of saffron
- Black Pepper
- Chopped black olives
- Diced celery
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1 chopped tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper (with seeds), diced
- 1.5 cups basmati rice (or Mexican white rice or converted rice)
- 3 cups water
- Grated cheese
1. Sauteé the following in the oil: cumin seed, oregano, dill seed, saffron, sage, black pepper, olives, celery, onion, pumpkin seeds, tomatoes and bell pepper. When saucy, add the rice. Add the water.
2. Bring to a rapid boil. Lower heat, cover and steam until done (about 20 to 30 minutes).
3. Sprinkle grated cheese on top and serve.