This heart of palm cream soup recipe will definitely stand out. The first time I tried one was at all you can eat soup festival and I kept coming back for more.
- 4 cups hearts of palm cut into chunks
- 2 cups skim milk
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 onions sliced thin
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- 1 chicken stock cube dissolved in 4 cups of water
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- chopped green onions for garnish
1. Saute chopped celery, salt, pepper and onion in a little water until soft.
2. Add the hearts of palm, chicken broth and boil slowly.
3. Dissolve cornstarch in milk and thicken the soup. Add the butter. Serve hot, garnished with chopped chives.