Simple ratatouille recipe for those days you just want something simple, easy and healthy.
I noticed my previous Ratatouille recipe was quite on the gourmet side, with a bunch of herbs. I usually don’t have those herbs handy and/or don’t have the time to make the bouquet of seasoning. Salt and pepper and some parsley those are more the staples I carry on hand so here is a simple version for every day cooking. This is for the whole family as there is no way to make just a little bit. Even just one of each vegetable will still be like 6 servings.
- 1 egg plant
- 2 zucchini or yellow squash
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of tomato pasta sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves of garlic minced (may substitute with garlic powder to taste)
- If you are not a fan of the bitter taste eggplant can have I recommend boiling it first for about 5 minutes. This is also known as blanching. This step is optional.
- Chop the all the vegetables into bite sizes chunks (about 1 inch)
- Sautee onions and garlic
- Add bell pepper and sautee until it begins to get tender.
- Add egg plant, zucchini, tomatoes, sauce, salt, pepper and half of the parsley.
- Let it all simmer for about 15 min, until tender.
- Add the remainder of the parsley and serve.