Salted Caramel Apple Cake for those who have a really sweet tooth.
This recipe sounded great, especially if you like apple pie but also crave a cake texture. The cake batter is too sweet for my liking but for those who enjoy super sweet it should hit the spot.
For the Apples
- 3 apples, peeled, cored and cut into 8 wedges
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
For the Cake
- 8 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line bottom of 10 inch round cake pan with parchment paper and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large skillet over medium heat, cook apples, 4 tablespoons butter, brown sugar and salt until apples begin to soften, about 10 minutes. Transfer apples and sauce to cake pan, arranging apple slices into desired pattern.
- In bowl of stand mixer, mix 8 tablespoons butter and sugar until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla; mix until smooth. Add flour, baking powder, salt and half-and-half; mix until combined. Spread batter evenly over apples and bake 40-45 minutes. Cool slightly before inverting onto serving dish. Enjoy your salted caramel apple cake. Refrigerate any leftovers.