Rosemary Garlic Leg of Lamb is a special main course. The taste is so unique. Full of flavor but not overpowering. This recipe takes time and caring but the result is so worth it!
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 1 bunch of rosemary
- 6-8 pounds leg of lamb
- Kosher or Sea Salt to taste
- Peel all the garlic and remove the stem from the rosemary.
- Put garlic, rosemary and 1 teaspoon of salt in food processor and mix well.
- With a Barbecue fork poke holes into the meat as deep as possible (spread them about 1 inch apart). As you poke the holes immediately fill them with the seasoning mixture, push it in with your finger or with the help of toothpicks. This is the time consuming part where you can put some love into the meat.
- Rub a little salt all over the outside.
- Put seasoned leg in plastic bag and let it marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Remove leg of from plastic and set it on roasting pan. Cook it for 30 minutes.
- Lower temperature to 350° F and cook for an additional hour.
- Remove from oven and let it cool off for about 10 minutes before carving and serving.
- Enjoy this delicious rosemary garlic leg of lamb with family and friends! Bon Appetit!