Raw Tomato Basil Soup is easy to make. Just put everything in the blender! This is a refreshing yet creamy and flavorful recipe. Basil has lots of nutrients such as amino acids, vitamins and minerals.
- 6 cups (1 Kg) seeded and chopped tomatoes
- 1.5 cups (355 ml) of nut milk (I used almond milk)
- 1/4 cup (10 g) fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried ( I used fresh, I always use fresh when I can)
- 2 tablespoons (8 g) fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried ( I only had dried)
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or 2 Medjool dates
- 1.5 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Place the tomatoes, nut milk, basil, oregano, agave, salt, and garlic into a blender and process until smooth. (If you are not used to eating raw garlic BE CAREFUL. I would start with one teaspoon since it can be quite spicy.)
- While the blender is running, pour the olive oil in slowly to emulsify. For warm soup, blend for 2 minutes.
- Pour into serving bowls and garnish with pepper.
The soup will keep for 2 days in the refrigerator.
From "Going Raw" by Judita Wignall