Pumpkin Pie dream is a recipe from “The Golden Temple Vegetarian Cookbook” by Yogi Bhajan and therefore part of our #VegetarianChallenge. This pie uses and graham cracker crust which right now is my favorite. I used it in the grated apple pie and it was a hit! Pumpkin pie on #Thanksgiving is a must for me.
Serves 6 – 8
- 1 tablespoon agar-agar flakes
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups pumpkin puree (stewed and sieved or canned)
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups raw honey
- Prepare one prebaked graham cracker crust.
- Soften agar-agar in cold water. Add the boiling water and stir.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix.
- Pour into crust and chill in refrigerator.
Enjoy Pumpkin Pie Dream with your favorite tea or top it off with whipped cream! Yum!