Try this Pork Shrimp sesame toast recipe for a snack or appetizer.
- 9 oz/250 g lean pork
- 2/3 cup raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 4 scallions, trimmed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves and stems
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 egg
- 8-10 slices of thick cut whole wheat bread
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- salt and pepper
- fresh cilantro springs
- lime slices or wedges
1. Put the pork, shrimp, scallions, garlic, cilantro, fish sauce and egg into a food processor or blender. Season with salt and pepper and process for a few seconds until the ingredients are finely chopped. Transfer the mixture into a bowl. Alternatively, chop pork, shrimp, and scallions very finely, and mix with garlic, cilantro, fish sauce, and beaten egg. Season with salt and pepper and mix until well blended.
2. Spread the pork and shrimp mixture thickly over the slices of bread, so it reaches right up to the edges. Cut off the crusts and slice bread into 4 squares or triangles.
3. Sprinkle the topping liberally with sesame seeds.
4. Heat a large wok over a medium heat. Add the oil and when hot, cook a few pieces of the bread, topping side down first so it sets the egg, for 2 minutes, or until golden brown. Turn pieces over to cook on the other side, about 1 minute.
5. Drain the pork and shrimp toasts and drain on paper towels. Cook the remaining pieces. Arrange the toasts on a serving plate and garnish with fresh cilantro springs and lime. Serve.
From "Home Cooking - Quick & Healthy"