Do you love herbs? I do! Basil is on top of that list for sure! That is why I love pesto! This pesto recipe is delicious and vegetarian.
- 1 pound linguine noodles
- 2.5 cups fresh basil leaves
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts (when not available, blanched almonds may be used)
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In blender crush up basil leaves, olive oil, pine nuts, cheese, salt and pepper. Blend until a thick sauce.
- In 1-gallon pot add linguine to boiling water to which you have added 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Boil linguine 10 minutes or less. Until the pasta is cooked.
- Drain thoroughly. Rinse with cold water. Put pasta in a warm serving dish, and spoon pesto sauce over pasta. Serve immediately.