I will talk about something that is VERY basic, yet a lot of people have a hard time with it: Drinking water.
I’m sure you all have heard the speech about how water is important and we must drink lots of it, so I am going to try a different approach first.
- Do you want to have great skin? Drink water!
- Do you want to lose weight? Drink water!
- Do you want to get better from a cold? Drink water!
- Do you want to have kidney stones and lots of pain? No! So, Drink Water!
- Do you want to have constant urinary infections? No! Then Drink Water!
- Want to get rid of a headache? Drink water!
Now let’s review some of facts about water and our body on the picture to the right.
There are sooooo many benefits and it is something so simple to do, yet I hear people all the time giving me excuses on why they don’t do it. So I hope these tips can help you actually drink enough water.
How much water should you drink? You should drink at least 2 litters and ideally 4 litters (about a gallon) a day. That amount can be more or less depending on how much you sweat, cry, and of course your size, but try to start with the two litters and move up from there.
Now this is what you can do to help you achieve this.
- Keep a 1 liter/1,06 quartsbottle of water on your desk.Make sure you drink it all before lunch, then refill and make sure you drink it all before the end of the day. There you got it!
- Keep a bottle of water in your car. You never know when you will be stuck in a traffic jam.
- Keep a bottle of water in your big purse. This one only applies to us who like to carry big bags hihihi
- Keep a bottle of water on your night stand. This is one is important! Water should always be the first thing you drink; it will make your digestive system work better for the day. Wake up and drink about a glass.
If you have water available everywhere you go, you are more likely to drink it.
If you are not going to the bathroom at least 5 times a day, then you are not drinking enough water.
Don’t think of it like a chore, instead when you drink it, think about how all your cells are happy and thanking you, how your skin will be hydrated and beautiful, how your intestines will work great, how your blood will circulate better and so on…