Mexican Avocado Salad pairs perfectly with the meal. You may eat it as a side dish, or if you want to skip the gazpacho, serve it as your appetizer. The recipe is vegan.
On the picture I have added some blue cheese – so on the picture it is vegetarian and not vegan. You may also add jalapenos if you like spicy food or if you are not a fan of blue cheese you may try feta cheese. This is just a simple version of a Mexican avocado salad, get creative and add extra ingredients!
(dressing recipe below)
- Cut avocados in small pieces and tomatoes in wedges.
- Place in a medium bowl along with the olives.
- Pour salad dressing on and mix lightly.
- Marinate for at least 1/2 hour in the refrigerator. Serve on a bed of lettuce.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- juice of 1.5 lemons
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch of black pepper
Place all ingredients in a blender, and blend on a low speed for 1 minute.