- 2 raw lobster tails
- radicchio leaves
- lemon-dill mayonnaise
- 1 large lemon
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
TO GARNISH: lemon wedges, fresh dill springs
1. To make lemon-dill mayonnaise, finely grate lemon rind and squeeze juice. Beat the egg yolk in a small bowl and beat mustard and 1 teaspoon of the lemon juice.
3. Season to taste with salt and pepper and add more lemon juice if desired. Stir in the dill and cover with plastic wrap. chill in the refrigerator until required.
4. Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to boil. Add the lobster tails, then return to a boil and cook for 6 minutes, or until the flesh is opaque and the shells are red. Drain immediately and let cool.
5. Remove the lobster flesh from the shells and cut into bite-size pieces. Arrange the radicchio leaves on individual serving plates and top with lobster flesh. Place a spoonful of the lemon-dill mayonnaise on the side. Garnish with lemon wedges and dill springs and serve.
*If you don’t feel like making mayo you can buy plain mayonnaise and mix it with the lemon rind, juice and dill.