- 2-4 lb (1-2 kilo) Beef Roast, no longer than your pressure cooker is wide!
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- Olive Oil
- 2 lbs (1 kilo) Potatoes, roughly cubed
- 1 lb (500 g) of thick Carrots, peeled (not sliced)
- 1 cup red wine
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
2. Deglaze the inner pot with chicken stock.
3. Close and lock the lid of the Instant Pot. Press [Pressure Cook] and then use the [+] button to set 45-50 minutes of pressure cooking time (depending on the thickness).
4. When time is up, open the Instant Pot using Quick Pressure Release.
5. Add the potatoes and place the whole carrots on top – work quickly.
6. Close and lock the lid of the Instant Pot. Press [Pressure Cook] and then use the [+] or [ – ] button to set 10 minutes of pressure cooking time.
7. When time is up, open the Instant Pot using Quick Pressure Release.
8. Remove the carrots to a serving platter and slice them. Remove the potatoes with a slotted spoon and place on the serving platter. Take out the roast, and place on a plate tented with aluminum foil to rest.
9. Filter the cooking liquid through a fine sieve and put it back in the Instant Pot. Add the wine and butter and reduce the liquid in the pressure cooker, without the lid, to about half using the [Sauté] function.
10. Slice roast and serve on platter with carrots and potatoes. Drizzle with the reduced cooking liquid.