Green Beans Almondine is the side dish for our French Dinner Menu. Almonds are a healthy nut and should be eaten often, especially women and vegetarians. For more nutrition information on almonds just click the link.
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh string beans (green beans)
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Remove ends of green beans, and slice lengthwise in strips.
- Heat ghee in heavy skillet. Add green beans, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons of water.
- Cover and cook on medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove cover and cook for 5 minutes or until all the water has evaporated.
- Add almonds and cook 5 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle coriander powder. Voilà! Enjoy the green beans almondine.