Grated Apple Pie with Graham cracker crust is a delicious healthy recipe.
This grated apple pie recipe was an absolute hit served a la mode (with vanilla ice cream). The pie crust is not what you may be used to but it is absolutely delicious. The most time consuming part is grating all the apples. Sweetened with honey, no sugar. Just be careful not to eat too much of this goodness 😉 Serves 6 to 8
8 double graham crackers (for approximately 2 cups crumbs)
1/4 cup butter, softened
Crush crackers and blend with butter. Press into pie pan and chill in refrigerator to set. Makes a single crust.
- 6 to 7 apples, grated
- 1/2 cup honey
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1.5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot (may substitute for corn starch if you can’t find arrowroot)
- In a saucepan, mix ingredients in order, waiting until mixture boils to add arrowroot.
- Stir constantly. Add arrowroot and continue to stir until mixture thickens and becomes glossy.
- Pour into crust, top with left over graham cracker crumbs and bake at 350° 30 to 40 minutes.