Gazpacho is a tasty cold soup. There are many variations you can make of Gazpacho. This is a simple vegetarian version. In a warm day it is a great appetizer.
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon turbinado sugar (raw sugar)
- pinch of cayenne
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cucumber (peeled, seeded, and diced)
- 1 green bell pepper (diced)
- 4 medium tomatoes (peeled and coarsely chopped)
- In 3 quart saucepan over medium heat combine tomato juice, vegetable stock, lemon juice, sugar and cayenne.
- Leaving the pot uncovered, bring the mixture to a boil.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and again bring to a boil, uncovered.
- Remove from heat and cool. Cover and chill.