Cranberry Cider Sangria is a perfect drink for Thanksgiving! Alcohol is optional so the whole family can enjoy. It is not only delicious but also fun and beautiful. You can make ahead and leave it in your fridge that way it is less work on the big day and it will have time to sink in the flavors.
- 3 quart apple cider
- 4 cups pomegranate-cranberry juice
- 1 cup pomegranate molasses
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 4 pods star anise
- 2 oranges, thinly sliced
- 2 apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 to 2 cups brandy (optional) – I think I will add sparkling champagne to mine!
- In a medium sauce pan heat apple cider, pomegranate-cranberry juice, and pomegranate molasses over medium heat until steaming. Add cinnamon sticks and star anise. Remove form heat. Add orange and apple slices. Cool 2 hours.
- Refrigerate up to 4 days. Add brandy or alcohol of choice, if desired. Serve cold, or warm in a slow cooker before serving. Makes 18 cups. Enjoy this Cranberry Cider Sangria!
You can find pomegranate molasses at Mediterranean or Middle Eastern grocery stores.
Recipe from BHG.com