Cauliflower and Lentil Curry is a vegetarian dish that is delicious and filling. Makes a great dinner or lunch entrée. This is one of those dishes that could become a regular in your menu.
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons ghee or oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chili
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons grated coconut
- 1 cauliflower, chopped
- 1/2 cup partially cooked lentils
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Fry onions 4 to 5 minutes in ghee or oil.
- Add the spices and salt and cook a few more minutes.
- Add coconut, cauliflower, lentils, lemon juice and about one cup water.
- Cook on low flame until cauliflower is soft.
Serve the Cauliflower and Lentil curry with some basmati rice or chapati! If it is too spicy for your taste cool down with some home made yogurt. Enjoy!
From The Golden Temple Vegetarian Cookbook by Yogi Bhajan