- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 pounds of carrots, grated
- 2 tablespoons (a piece about the size of a thumb) fresh ginger, grated. You can add up to 1/4 cup if you really like ginger.
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- 4 cups of chicken or vegetable broth.
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sauteé in a large skillet or wok over medium heat, the onions, garlic and ginger in the butter.
- When they begin to golden add the carrots and sautée for about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth and let it simmer until carrots are tender. About 20-30 minutes. Turn stove off.
- Using a hand held blender directly in pan or transferring the soup into a heat safe blender jar, purée the soup until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy this carrot ginger soup recipe. Garnish with parsley, green onions or your favorite fresh herb.