Summer is here and that means BERRY SEASON! I looooooove berries! So this is a happy season for me. My favorite are the dark berries like black berries and mulberries. Raspberries are also really good and in season so here is a berry smoothie that is perfect for breakfast!
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 3/4 cup chilled unsweetened almond or rice milk
- 1/4 cup frozen pitted unsweetened cherries or raspberries
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp ground flaxseed
- 1-2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in blender, adding lemon juice to taste.
- Puree until smooth.
Enjoy the berry smoothie!