Beets are great for your health. They help with digestion, strengthen elimination, and boost energy. They are very good for detoxification. If you are not familiar with eating beets, they can have a strange taste. I say it is an acquired taste, like beer and coffee. It may taste bad in the beginning but once you are used to it you may love it. Everyone in my family certainly does. Here is a beets dish to get you started and enjoy this wonderful vegetable.
- 1-2 medium organic beets, steamed, peeled, and grated or chopped
- ½ – 1 cup cooked organic basmati rice (white or brown)
- Handful of chopped organic cilantro (or parsley)
- Bit of crumbled goat cheese
- Smattering of finely chopped red onion
- Squirt of olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 – 2 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 clove minced garlic (optional)
Heat the rice and beets on the stove or in the microwave. Then add the rest of the ingredients and enjoy.