Gravy can instantly make turkey and mashed potatoes stand out. In some Thanksgiving tables gravy is an essential must have. Here is a gravy recipe you can make at home using the drippings from your turkey, not that processed store bought artificial flavor stuff. Because home-made is always healthier than processed.
Makes 8 servings
- Pan drippings from roasted turkey
- melted butter
- 1 cup turkey or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper
1. Pour pan drippings from roasted turkey into a 2-cup glass measure. Scrape browned bits from bottom of pan into cup. Skim and reserve fat from drippings. If necessary add enough melted butter to reserved fat to make it make 1/4 cup. Add enough broth to drippings to in measuring cup to make 2 cups total.
2. Pour the 1/4 cup fat into a medium saucepan (discard remaining fat). Stir in flour. Cook and stir over medium heat 1 minute. Add drippings mixture, stirring until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until bubbly, about 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper.