A healthy, easy banana bread recipe.
Got some ripe bananas about to go bad? Don’t waste and throw them in the trash. Make some banana bread and enjoy! You’ll be glad you did.
Makes 1 loaf
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 raisins
- 1 tablespoon soy flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1.5 to 2 cups mashed ripe banana
1. Combine flour, oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda, walnuts, raisins and soy flour in a large bowl and mix well.
2. Combine milk, honey and banana.
3. Add dry ingredients and stir just enough to blend ingredients.
4. Pour into well oiled 9 x 5-inch loaf pan and bake at 350° about 50 minutes.
5. Cool 10 minutes in the pan. Remove bread from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.