Baked Flounder recipe that is packed with flavor
This baked flounder recipe was an instant hit at the house. Hope you will enjoy it.
- 2 flounder fillets, rinsed and pat dried.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon mayonese
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Prepare a 9×13-inch baking dish with foil paper or grease it with your oil of choice (olive, avocado, coconut….).
- Season both sides of flounder fillets with salt. Place into the prepared baking dish. Drizzle 1 tablespoon lemon juice over fillets.
- Mix remaining lemon juice, Parmesan cheese, melted butter, mayonnaise, and parsley in a bowl; spoon over the fillets.
- Bake flounder in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Switch oven to broil; broil fillets until the tops are just browned, 3 to 5 minutes.
In my case since I was also making some sides, glazed beets and asparagus, I baked the fish with the asparagus to save time. While I was defrosting my fish fillets and getting the seasoning ready I had the beets in the oven. Once I took the beets out I put the fish and asparagus in. While they were in there I glazed the beets on a skillet with a drizzle of olive oil and at the end a bit of balsamic vinegar for a nice color glaze and taste.