Baked Eggs and Spinach is a healthy protein filled dish you can have for breakfast or brunch.
Spinach is a super food. It has protein, calcium, fiber, magnesium and vitamins. You just can’t go wrong with spinach. Eggs is a complete animal protein. It contains all 9 essential amino acids that we need to build protein for our body. The combination of the ingredients are delicious and because it is baked and not fried it is even healthier.
- 2 cups of fresh spinach
- 4 eggs (free range chicken)
- 1/4 cup of chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup of shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Heat oven to 325°F. Divide spinach evenly among four greased (I use butter) 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Press an indentation (about 2-inch diameter) into center of spinach with back of spoon. PLACE on baking sheet.
- Break and slip an egg into each indentation. TOP evenly with salsa, then cheese.
- Bake in 325°F oven until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy these healthy baked eggs and Spinach!