Avocado Sat Nam Special. A yogi food from the Golden Temple Vegetarian Cookbook by Yogi Bhajan. This is a filling salad packed with nutrients! Vegan and totally healthy. Avocados have calcium, vitamins and healthy oils. You could consider it a super food. Raw peanut butter has lots of protein and will give you sustaining energy. Alfalfa sprouts gives you vitality energy and boosts the immune system. It is a very interesting dish, part salty, part sweet. I had it as my main course for lunch and I was totally satisfied, almost could not finish my serving!
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons of raw peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon of sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- Mash together avocado, banana and peanut butter.
- Add almonds and sunflower seeds
- Serve on bed of greens, garnished with alfalfa and sliced mushrooms.
Sat Nam translate to True Name but the meaning goes way beyond that. In Kundalini yoga it is our main mantra and usually how we greet one another. Is is synonymous to saying “I see your true essence” or “I recognize the divinity within you”. This recipe will feed your body, the vessel of your Sat Nam. Enjoy!